discuss: Thread: HugeLatex RPMs (Are There Any?)

[<<] [<] Page 1 of 1 [>] [>>]
Subject: HugeLatex RPMs (Are There Any?)
From: David Lloyd ####@####.####
Date: 9 Mar 2001 23:10:36 -0000

Hi There!

Are there any pre-rolled RPMs that already have TeX (that awful, ancient
beast of a system that still thinks computers have less than 64kB of
memory) pre-adjusted? They'd be useful, especially for people who didn't
want to bother fiddling with their TeX installation manually...

Furthermore, there doesn't seem to be a sensible reason why a script
using the kpathsea, sed and a few cats (and dogs even), to do this, so
why hasn't someone written one?

DSL
--
Domine O venite O sacramentum eo deo
Domine O venite O sacramentum eo deo
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 10 Mar 2001 01:09:48 -0000

On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 09:46:58AM +1030, David Lloyd wrote:

> Hi There!
>
> Are there any pre-rolled RPMs that already have TeX (that awful, ancient
> beast of a system that still thinks computers have less than 64kB of
> memory) pre-adjusted? They'd be useful, especially for people who didn't
> want to bother fiddling with their TeX installation manually...

I don't know, but if you find out will you let me know? I'd like to
play with TeX but don't have time for a steep learning curve.

> Furthermore, there doesn't seem to be a sensible reason why a script
> using the kpathsea, sed and a few cats (and dogs even), to do this, so
> why hasn't someone written one?

Can't answer that one.

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####
                                       Finger me for my public key

The man with the best job in the country is the Vice President.  All he has
to do is get up every morning and say, "How's the President?"
		-- Will Rogers

The vice-presidency ain't worth a pitcher of warm spit.
		-- Vice President John Nance Garner
From: David Lloyd ####@####.####
Date: 10 Mar 2001 01:44:47 -0000

Hmmmm...

I might have an attempt at rolling something up although I can't
guarantee it won't break your system :-(

DSL
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 10 Mar 2001 02:27:25 -0000

On Sat, Mar 10, 2001 at 12:21:16PM +1030, David Lloyd wrote:

> Hmmmm...
>
> I might have an attempt at rolling something up although I can't
> guarantee it won't break your system :-(

I'll take it. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####
                                       Finger me for my public key

"It runs like _x, where _x is something unsavory"
		-- Prof. Romas Aleliunas, CS 435
Date: 10 Mar 2001 11:22:09 -0000

Hi,

Have a look at Linux-Mandrake Cooker RPMs.

Camille.