discuss: Text 2 Speech

Subject: Re: [discuss] Text 2 Speech
From: Michael Falzon ####@####.####
Date: 3 Apr 2006 07:43:52 -0000

Hi Alex
	hmm have never see this will look it to it ...thanks ...

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 15:23 +0800, Alex Nordstrom wrote:
> Monday, 3 April 2006 14:42, Michael Falzon wrote:
> > Not 100% sure if this is the right place to ask this
> > What I have started to do is make all the how2 in to mp3 using the
> > speech 2 text tools.
>
> > note that the file are not to small
> >
> > say for this text file "3-Button-Mouse" this is 39K after this is
> > made to a mp3 8.4M @ 22,050 k (16 did not sound to will )
>
> Why not use Speex?
>
> Unlike MP3, it is not encumbered by software patents, and unlike MP3, it
> is not a general-purpose codec geared mainly towards music. Instead, it
> is optimised to make sensible tradeoffs between size and quality
> specifically for recordings of speech.
>
> http://www.speex.org/

See BUG.  "That's not a bug, it's a feature!"
A bug can be changed to a feature by documenting it.

Michael Falzon (RHCT)
Mozy's Swamp BBs & Red Dwarf BBs
http://mozysswamp.org
Registered LFS User   #406
Registered Linux User #204397

gpg --keyserver hkp://subkeys.pgp.net --recv-key 02E9ADC2

UNINTENDED RECIPIENT:  This email and any attachments are
confidential. They may contain legally privileged information or
copyright material. You should not read, copy, use or disclose them
without authorisation.
If you are not an intended recipient, please contact us at once
by return email and then permanently delete both messages.

VIRUS WARNING:  Mozy's Swamp & Red Dwarf BBs does not accept liability
in connection with computer viruses, data corruption, delay or denial of
service as a result of virus infection.