discuss: Re: Your Amazon.com Inquiry

Subject: Re: [discuss] Fwd: Your Amazon.com Inquiry
From: "Gareth Anderson" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Mar 2006 08:38:15 -0000

Hi Sergiusz,

Spam is perfectly normal, however receiving an automated spam email that
makes it past the spam filters because it says its from the TLDP list (and
only gets sents immediately after I email discuss(at)en.tldp.org ) is
frustrating for me.

On 3/16/06, Sergiusz Pawlowicz <
####@####.#### wrote:

> sorry, i did not realise that, because i have got my own good spam
> protection, but impossible to use on the listserver level.
> i will look into the "paypal" problem, but maybe it is good situation to
> call the police and use antispam bill? paypal is also big company,
> so they have to stop such actions. so if you live in US, just call 112?

Sorry, I misinterrpreted the call the police part of your email. Doing so in
Australia would probably have the police laughing at you, thats why I
thought it was some weird joke that I wasn't getting (or an insult).
I don't think you could actually call the police in the US unless you had
proof (although I could be wrong).

Anyway, I only emailed the amazon one because thats the 4th one I've got via
TLDP, it only happens after sending an email to the list and could be an
indication of a problem.

Thanks,
Gareth