discuss: Manifesto revised. Proposed Corrections

Subject: Manifesto revised. Proposed Corrections
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 6 Mar 2006 07:54:16 -0000

The changes to the "Introduction" section to the Manifesto have been
incorporated into the Manifesto on LDP's website.

Proposed minor changes (corrections):
In 2. CURRENT PROJECTS and GETTING INVOLVED
remove:
  We also maintain the man-pages for C-programming and devices.

  In 4. DOCUMENTATION CONVENTIONS
remove:
  * The man pages -- the Unix standard for online manuals -- are
    created with the Unix standard nroff man (or BSD mdoc) macros.

"Linux Manual Pages Project" is being run by Andries Brouwer (now a
Professor) and I don't think it was ever a part of LDP but there was
some exchange of emails several years ago.  Since we are not a part of
this project, there is no need to list the documentation convention
for man pages in the Manifesto.

These modifications might be OK to make without any notice like this
email, since they just involves a factual corrections.  But any
comments are welcome.

I hope to be working on a draft revision to all sections of the
Manifesto other than the "Introduction".  Will keep you informed.  But
I think that the part in most need of revision was the "Introduction".