discuss: Question about DTD URI in DocBook XML documents?

Subject: Re: [discuss] Question about DTD URI in DocBook XML documents?
From: "Fran Litterio" ####@####.####
Date: 4 Mar 2006 17:55:21 -0000

Greg Ferguson wrote:

> > I was chatting with the folks in the #docbook channel on freenode, and
> > they said that the URI of the DTD above should instead be:
> >
> >    http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd
>
> We had problems with contacting that site in conjunction with
> the publishing process and hence went to the more reliable docbook.org.

When I use the OASIS DTD URI in my DocBook XML article, xsltproc has
no problem converting my HOWTO into HTML, but when I use the
docbook.org URI, I see the following strange error:

error : Operation in progress
http://docbook.org/xml/4.2/dbpoolx.mod:3529: warning: failed to load
external entity "http://docbook.org/xml/4.2/calstblx.dtd"
%tablemodel;