discuss: GNU Linux Tools Summary

Subject: Re: [discuss] GNU Linux Tools Summary
From: Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####
Date: 4 Mar 2006 03:55:12 -0000

Gareth Anderson wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Apologies if you have received this email, I did not get a copy of this even
>though I am getting the other TLDP emails on the list (please email if you
>did get this before). I'm re-sending only to make sure its getting through.
>I did not receive any replies to my last posting...

Got the mail. My take on it is that LDP should accept and host the
document and improve it incrementally rather than refuse to accept it.

>If TLDP is not interested thats also ok, the document is currently living on
>Chris's site where it will likely stay for a while. Please have a look when
>you have time and tell me what you think

I have send in comments before and I will continue to look at it and
send feedback when I get time.

> I am hoping to contribute to Chris's lyxtox scripts if I get spare time
>(I'm a full-time consultant now so time is more limited than a uni student
>:)), this way technical documentation would be easier to create and the TLDP
>could keep using docbook :).

Congrats on that.

> I am hoping that one day there will be an easier way to get things
>installed (like lyxtox and its various requirements) and new TLDP authors
>would not be forced to learn docbook.

I dont think anyone is forced to learn docbook now. You can continue to
use any format you like and volunteers can help convert into Docbook if
needed. We just care about the final format froma  single source.

Rahul