discuss: ACPI HOWTO update

Subject: ACPI HOWTO update
From: Machtelt Garrels ####@####.####
Date: 20 Dec 2005 10:14:21 -0000

Your input is wanted, see below...

Tille.

- --
Machtelt Garrels                ####@####.####
Review Coordinator    	 	http://www.tldp.org/authors/

My Penguin, my freedom.         http://tille.xalasys.com

Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 18:18:01 -0800
From: Ariel T. Glenn ####@####.####
To: ####@####.####
Cc: ####@####.####

I have some mail from Emma Jane Hogbin ####@####.#### about
replacing the ACPI HOWTO she used to maintain with the copy I keep at
http://www.columbia.edu/~ariel/acpi/

I believe she contacted LDP folks a while back about archiving her copy:
yes, here it is from another email --

>I asked the LDP (via a form email that Tille sent out) to archive my
>ACPI HOWTO months ago. I don't know why it's still part of the
>collection. It has always been incomplete and is now also out of date.

As the (potentially) new maintainer, I'd prefer not to replace her
document with mine, because some Debian-related information will be lost
that her document contains.  I would prefer to archive her version under
a different name (like ACPI HOHWTO overview, or some such.

I am a bit behind in my updates, but that's probably not going to get
better.  If that's not a problem and the document looks ok for
inclusion, please let me know.  I have it in DocBook form, which is how
I maintain it, and in HTML and text forms also, available from the url
above.

I have a CVS account because I was going to work with Emma on her
document about a year ago... although it took me this long to get around
to it. :-(  The account still seems to be live today.

Please let me know what next steps are appropriate.  Thanks.

Ariel Glenn