discuss: small demo page

Subject: Re: [discuss] Re: small demo page
From: folajimi ####@####.####
Date: 14 Sep 2005 14:02:49 -0000

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005, Stein Gjoen wrote:

> I have acted. I have contributed. I spent hours on JDD's wiki.
> Now it is all gone and JDD cannot even see anyone has contributed.
> When all these hours I spent were a total waste of effort and my
> time I am certainly not going to put in another major job before
> we have got to the bottom of what happened.

Allow me to apologize for my oversight. I admit I was oblivious to your efforts
to provide a solution to the problem. I would like to hope that it has not been
in vain.

> > Once you get started, you'll eventually see how to improve, and, even
> > more important -- when.
>

> Some of us have been there and done that. Now is the time to discuss
> how to go on from there. "When" is now.

In light of what you said earlier, I wholeheartedly agree. I am, and will
continue to oppose any attempts to duplicate work.

[snip]

> I am not just a talker; I also produce the goods. How about you?
> I have created numerous prototypes for various things, put them
> up for public viewing and comments. So far not much.

Could you please provide details on how one can view your work? I for one
believe that this would be exceedingly helpful as this project moves forward.
Who knows? In light of the conversations that have been going on for the past
several weeks, your efforts may even be more appealing than when they was first
conceived.

> I feel there is just a few of us doing real work, trying to improve
> TLDP but since this is not a dictatorship we need feedback. A few
> months ago there was a minor tempest in this teacup on the existence
> of a Staff list and fears this was some kind of secret conspiracy.
> Open discussions are therefore neccessary for the health of the
> project and also progress. It is rather indicative that the effort
> on describing positions remains unfinished.

[snip]

> I tend not to abuse the exclamation character on my keyboard but I am
> getting pretty close this time.

I am truly sorry if my ignorant (perhaps inflammatory?) comments added to your
frustration. I do not intend to come across as a blithering idiot. I just want
to ensure that the group is not spinning its wheels, not to mention trying to
re-invent them...

Regards,
JA