discuss: small demo page

Subject: Re: [discuss] Re: small demo page
From: folajimi ####@####.####
Date: 13 Sep 2005 22:01:45 -0000

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005, Yaroslav Fedevych wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 13, 2005 at 09:41:03PM +0200, Stein Gjoen wrote:
> >
> > There is no conflict in view here, I see the wiki debate as
> > a possible means of revitalisation.
> >

> Sorry, but debates do not revitalize _anything_. Action does.  It must
> be not brilliant or be perfect, but it must be there, and  I'm rather
> happy to see jdd _do_ something, not only _talk_ how good would it be to
> do this and that.
>
> Once you get started, you'll eventually see how to improve, and, even
> more important -- when.
>
> Sorry but I still see more people debating over those damn things and it
> tempts me to ask about the date and location where TLDP's funeral will
> take place.
>
> > I feel we have to look at our audience and serve them better
> > (end users, distribution makes and authors). I doubts we can
> > ever say we are finished, continuous improvements is the norm
> > these days.
>
> I think the website should be brought up to the current standards for
> this kind of sites. The navigation is far from being very clear for
> novices... Just my $0.01.

I hate to sound like a sycophant, but I agree with Yaroslav. That said, I
believe that Mr. Kramer made some valid points which should be considered as we
move forward.

In my opinion, think the time to act is now. However flawed the approach, I
believe inaction at this point in time is much more lethal than jdd's proposed
course of action.

There will always be room for corrections, improvements and revisions.

JA