discuss: Howto on Sierra Wireless PC-Card

Subject: Howto on Sierra Wireless PC-Card
From: Nishant Sharma ####@####.####
Date: 7 Sep 2005 13:33:22 -0000

Hello all,

I would like to propose a howto on configuring and running Sierra
Wireless Aircard555 on GNU/Linux. This PCMCIA device is provided by
Reliance Infocomm in India for wireless internet access over it's
country wide CDMA cellular network. Neither Reliance nor Sierra
Wireless officially support this card on GNU/Linux.

I directly contacted Dhiraj Gaur, the author of Reliance HowTo and he
suggested that since his HowTo deals with serial modem usage of
Reliance phones and this card is a wireless device, I should publish
it seperately.

Also, since this device is a PCMCIA one, I'm a little confused on how
to go about it. A priliminary draft in a text file is available for
your review at http://nishants.net/public/rconnect.txt

regards,
Nishant
--
How about some patent on "(a+b)2 = a2+2ab+b2". Choose free software!
http://www.nishants.net