discuss: inode, inode, where is my inode?

Subject: inode, inode, where is my inode?
From: David Merrill ####@####.####
Date: 15 Jul 2001 06:43:54 -0000

Hey,

I had a bit of a glitch today. The inode for my cgi-bin directory got
corrupted somehow. I was editing the perl files that front-end for the
database, but not doing anything funky. Got a kernel message about
filesystem corruption.

I immediately went to runlevel 1, unmounted /home, and ran fsck. inode
damage.

Damn.

All the perl files disappeared on me, and I had to go through
lost+found and pick them all out again. I have backups but they are a
few days old and I've done major hackage recently.

It seems my system is working okay, except for a nfsd problem I'll
worry about in the morning. It's 2:40 AM here now.

sendmail is fine. The DB Processor is fine. Apache is fine. Those of
you with accounts on my machine, if you have any problems let me know
asap.

afaik everything is working again. Apologies to anyone who couldn't
get onto my machine in the meanwhile.

Regards,

Linux Documentation Project                   ####@####.####

I think the most thoughtful feature in Windows is the blue screen. Such a
nice, soothing color, just when I need soothing the most. Now if only it
could play that mellow newage startup music during hard hangs.
	--Unknown