discuss: To or not to Wiki, a summary [Was Re: small demo page]

Subject: Re: [discuss] Re: To or not to Wiki, a summary [Was Re: small demo page]
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 24 Aug 2005 20:50:26 -0000

Quoting folajimi ####@####.####

[Labour Day:]

> FYI, the holiday in question is usually slated for the first Monday in
> the month of September. In this case, the holiday would occur on
> September 5, 2005.

Correct -- as to observance in the USA and Canada, not to be confused
with the May 1 AKA May Day observance in Europe, the first Monday in
October observance in Australia, and the fourth Monday in October
observance in New Zealand.

If anyone else has interest in the gory details of USA holiday
observance, here's my crib sheet I use for planning my own public
calendar of local technical events, The BALE,
http://linuxmafia.com/bale/,  on which I try to include notations
of upcoming holidays and other notable events that people might want to
take into account, in their planning.

(And no, I haven't yet built into the calendar programmatic generation
of all those holiday date formulae, being not quite that good at Python.
Some day.)

Crib sheet on USA holidays is here:  http://linuxmafia.com/bale/holidays