discuss: small demo page

Subject: Re: small demo page
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 20 Aug 2005 20:54:58 -0000

Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting jdd ####@####.####
>

>>how?
>

> 1.  You set up a Web server.

on my dsl line? youre are really kidding.

> OK, now tell us what compelling features this pilot demonstrates, and
> (in detail) how it contends with the operational and management issues
> in an LDP context that David and others have patiently explained to you,
> and compare and contrast it against other, roughly similar proposals
> other people have put forward.

well if you represents what tldp is now, I will resign and
let you go where you want. you are making me waste my time.

many have explained here that a wiki can do somethings and
don't do others. I don't want to replace the tldp home page
in any way. I propose to have a page where volunteers
authors can do they job.

do you agree with this? if yes, say so. if no, say so, but
stop making ironicals and despising comments; my advice is
as valuable as yours, no more, no less.

> If all you've done is pour a bunch of HOWTOs' HTML downstream versions
> into a wiki, thanks, we already know how to do that

I don't think so on _my_ "small demo page", I setup two text
only pages (one locked, one editable). _others peoples_ edit
the editable page and make it better. this is why I like this.

http://dodin.org/mediawiki/index.php/Partition_Rescue_HOWTO_editable

this is what I try to work. people don't blame, don't speak,
they work.

however I can host a one page example, not a real site.
Ibiblio said they are ready to host.

well. I wont spend my time on this subject any longer.

Does the tldp wants an _official_ tldp wiki. if the answer
is yes, we can go further, if not we can stop.

jdd
--
pour m'écrire, aller sur:
http://www.dodin.net