discuss: small demo page

Subject: Re: small demo page
From: jdd ####@####.####
Date: 20 Aug 2005 18:54:30 -0000

Rick Moen wrote:

> Then _go_:  Do that pilot project.  Nobody's stopping you.

how? I have no admin rights on ibiblio to do that. tldp
folks have not even say ok. I'm ready do do if the tldp
wants it.  I do already this for projects less valuable than
tldp.

I don't think anybody can make anything on the tldp name
like this.

> Absolutely _no_, in fact.  Thus my point.  Do I need to dredge up a
> definition of the term "pilot project" for you?

only quote the "how become tldp project pilot" to me. who
gives the "go"?

I need an account on ibiblio. ftp access and mysql access.
for the fr.susewiki.org project, here is what the admin gave
me (pass masqued of course)

OK, I've got the site installed.  You can see it at
http://fr.susewiki.org .  I set up an email account for you,
####@####.#### .  Right now it is forwarded to your
free.fr email address; let me know if you want me to set it
up so you can use it directly.

You can ssh into the server: username is "jdanield" password
is "XXXXX" host is fr.susewiki.org .  You can ftp with the
same username and password but I think the host is
ftp.fr.susewiki.org .  The database name is "susewiki_fr"
host is data.fr.susewiki.org username is "susewiki_fruser"
password is "XXXXX"; you should be able to get to phpMyAdmin
at http://data.fr.susewiki.org and use the name and password
above.

I set up the "master" account with the wiki for you the
login is "jdd" and the password is "XXXX".  You can change
that if you want.

in fact with ssh and ftp I can do the wiki install job
myself. It's even probably not mandatory to have ssh (but
more convenient)

and then???? may I use the tldp name?

I wait...

sincerely yours