discuss: status report author checkup

Subject: Re: status report author checkup
From: ####@####.####
Date: 12 Aug 2005 14:43:50 -0000

> PS: On Friday 12 August 2005 04:46 am, Machtelt Garrels wrote:
>> > The vapor-ware database for LDP was going to tie in with wikis and
>> > that would make the wikis more valuable.  This database could be used
>> > to email the author the changes made to the wiki.  A good database
>> > and content management system is needed by LDP much more than a wiki,
>> > but it's a lot more work to implement.
>
> A wiki is (or can be used as) a (free-format, collaborative)
> database (and a content managment system).  If I needed a database
> as you describe I'd think seriously about "prototyping" it with a wiki.

Randy and jdd bring up some good/valid points. For the longest
time, I've been against this (primarily due to the mirror situation,
which relies on static HTML content), but I now think it's time
for a shift. We've been stagnating for a long time now and bringing
in the wiki technology might be exactly what we need.

I support the effort, and I will assist to make it possible.
I think we should move forward with a prototype and, in parallel,
create a list of issues (such as mirror support) that need to be
addressed.

Paul (ibiblio), is it possible to set this up on ibiblio?

--
Greg / LDP