discuss: Review process

Subject: Re: Review process
From: Machtelt Garrels ####@####.####
Date: 18 Jul 2005 14:47:29 -0000

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 ####@####.#### wrote:

> We no longer have an official review coordinator at this time,
> so Machtelt Garrels (http://www.tldp.org/vlist.html) has been
> taking on that role, along with her numerous other LDP duties.

Hey, I'm not going to run TLDP all by myself ;-)

I'm going to revive the ####@####.#### list and do some serious
distribution of tasks.  There are currently some works waiting because I
do not have time to do it all.

So, if you are willing to volunteer with reviewing, please join the
editors mailinglist and state what your competences are:

* Style and Language review
* Grammar and Spelling review
* Technical review

Reviewing does not take a lot of time and does not need to be a permanent,
continuous commitment.  You can be a reviewer for a couple of days per
year.  Also, you do not need to be an expert on the matter that you are
reviewing.  Some afinity and a willingness to try some things out is
usually enough to make it technically consistent.

So come on guys, help me out here, I'm waiting for you.

Currently, these documents need reviewing:

- - Linux DVD Ripping HOWTO by Timo Benk
- - Oracle 9i under Fedora Core 3 - Installation HOWTO by Gaurav
- - Linux Aviation HOWTO by Nicolas Dufour
- - Quake HOWTO by Steven Atkinson

Plus there are a lot of older documents in need of updates, either by
contacting the authors or by taking them over.

Please note that you need to be subscribed to the ####@####.#### list
before you can post to it.

Tille.

- --