discuss: Proposal for revised license and license requirements.

Subject: Re: Proposal for revised license and license requirements.
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 17 Jun 2005 18:50:29 -0000

Quoting Mysid ####@####.####

> To maintain control of what it serves it shouldn't need to be.

You seem to be playing games with words.

> Presumably people other than those running the LDP aren't able to
> just stick whatever tarballs they like on the LDP servers and have
> them distributed as "LDP documents".

And here, you seem to be trying to argue with some position I have not
stated and do not hold.

Edward's post was:

    It is perfectly within the rights of TLDP, as publisher, to offer
    a contract or license that says that nobody can change _this
    version_ of a document, but that the community is entirely free
    to use anything in it in creating a new version, clearly
    identified as such, when needed.

I read Edward's use of the words "publisher" and "offer" as
contemplating LDP enforcing its wishes as a party with legal standing.
If that's not what he intended, I'm sure he can clarify.