discuss: TimeSys Linux Install mini HOWTO

Subject: Re: TimeSys Linux Install mini HOWTO
From: Trevor Harmon ####@####.####
Date: 8 Apr 2005 07:43:41 -0000

On Apr 7, 2005, at 11:18 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>> No, the issues are relevant. It is certainly
>> possible that the target
>> system may be hooked up to the Internet, at least
>> during the
>> development/testing phase.
>
> Then a warning should be provided with the document
> atleast.

Okay, I added one and updated the locations cited previously.

>> I'm not sure what you mean. I don't believe TimeSys
>> provides any SRPMs
>> of their kernel.
>
> I meant have you tried producing a srpm yourself.

Oh. No, I just didn't see the need to do so.

> The template and all such documents should be fixed
> then. The FDL license itself mandates that a copy of
> itself is included inline.

Hmm... surprising that with all the emphasis that LDP places on review
that something like this would slip through. On the other hand, are you
sure that such a mandate exists? I couldn't find any in the license. It
does say that if you make modifications, then you should include "this
license," but it doesn't explicitly say that the entire license must be
included in the original work. At least, the issue is open to
interpretation.

>  please do so or switch to
> any other license that doesnt require this

Okay, I switched to the Creative Commons.

Trevor