discuss: Proposal Performance HOWTO

Subject: Re: Proposal Performance HOWTO
From: "Michael D. Crawford" ####@####.####
Date: 1 Apr 2005 23:51:49 -0000

Patrice wrote:
> I've been pondering a HOWTO on Web server performance tuning

If you do write such a HOWTO, please link my article:

Use Validators and Load Generators to Test Your Web Applications
http://www.goingware.com/tips/webapptesting/

Note that my article is licensed under the GFDL.

I was inspired to write it after I got some consulting work from a
client who was desperate because he got his eCommerce application done
just in time for the Christmas shopping season, only to have it fall
over under a light user load, despite that it was served on some
high-end Sun iron.

I'll be happy to link your HOWTO once it is written, and to review your
drafts.

Regards,

Michael D. Crawford

     Read "GoingWare's Bag of Programming Tricks" at:
            http://www.goingware.com/tips/