discuss: yahoo group about linux guides / howtos

Subject: Re: yahoo group about linux guides / howtos
From: Jaqui Greenlees ####@####.####
Date: 30 Mar 2005 15:19:31 -0000

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> --- "J. Greenlees" ####@####.#### wrote:

>>I was browsing the groups to see what is available,
>>and found this one.
>>very new group, and very small membership.
>>
>>figure why not let this list know to enable full
>>communication and avoid
>>  duplication where it's not needed.
>>
>>Jaqui
>>

> I am not sure having a seperate group to discuss these
> howtos is a good idea. If you have specific feedback
> they can be send to the author and cc'ed here. The
> rest of the stuff can be discussed in LUG's
>
> Regards
> Rahul Sundaram

I think I may have been unclear, it is a group for new users, of linux,
where it may be possible to get constructive input on the specific
documents that they make use of, on where the document falls short ( if
it does ) and where it excels.

maybe get effort from a group that none would make individually in
supporting tldp. even if it's only one person submitting any comments to
tldp for an entire group ( actually, the maintainer of the specific
guide / howto ) isn't the input itself important?

the reason to mention it here was more for the record of the existance
of such a group, so that when / if any input to maintainers happens it's
known that the input is from more than just the one person.

Jaqui