discuss: WIKI status

Subject: WIKI status
From: Blake ####@####.####
Date: 25 Mar 2005 06:49:22 -0000

TLDP,
I've made considerable progress on converting the HOWTOs to WIKI format.
I have setup a preliminary WIKI for the testing of my HTML to WIKI
conversion scripts at the site below:

http://tldp.sys-techs.com/wiki/index.php/Special:Allpages

I chose MediaWiki mainly because I am familiar with hacking its code. I
plan to modify it completely from what you see at the testing site. No
worries, it won't look like another Wikipedia clone! I plan on modifying
the Table of Contents to be displayed on the left hand side of each page
instead of the top, and improving MediaWIKI's category system for
navigation.

The table of contents and navigation will be similar to this site:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/replication.html

Thank you to Chris Priest for pointing out MySQL's site to me!

If you have any suggestions, or better ideas then please let me know!
I'm very open to suggestions. Thank you all for your support!

Best regards,
Blake Benthall