discuss: [emmajane@tldp.org: Re: WIKI (fwd)]

Subject: Re: [emmajane@tldp.org: Re: WIKI (fwd)]
From: "David Horton" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Mar 2005 17:23:54 -0000

[snip]

> Authors: if you do NOT want your documents modifiable under these
> conditions then you should double check your license and perhaps contact
> Blake off-list if you feel your license states he cannot include your
> document in his Wiki. If you are now realising that your license doesn't
> match how you really feel....then you need to change your license.
> We cannot, however, use "open" and "free" licenses and then decide
> that we don't really want them that way.

Please look at section 5A of the GNU FDL:

Use in the Title Page (and on the covers, if any) a title distinct from
that of the Document, and from those of previous versions (which should,
if there were any, be listed in the History section of the Document).
You may use the same title as a previous version if the original
publisher of that version gives permission.

In other words you can modify it, just don't call it by the same title.

Dave