discuss: Debian-free licenses was Re: modifiability of docs: final decision

Subject: Re: Debian-free licenses was Re: modifiability of docs: final decision
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 10 Mar 2005 21:23:10 -0000

Quoting Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####

> > In fact, I maintain a list of dozens of such ways.
> > See:  "Installers"
>
> I would call these power user tools.

Libranet and Xandros Desktop OS are "power user tools"?  Boy, are _they_
going to be surprised!

> They dont increase availability of non-free documents by any
> significant margin

Reminder:  I did not speak of non-free _documents_ in my example as
such, but rather was pointing out that Official Debian ISOs are hardly
the only way to install a Debian system, and that numerous of the other
installers have as a _general_ principle no problem with including
packages deemed non-free.

If it turns out, upon examination, that (for example) the Libranet 2.8.1
ISO includes "non-free documents", then it is equally as available as
are Official Debian images, and likewise lawfully redistributable.
I don't know what you call "a significant margin", but that was my
point.

(And, no, Librarnet is not a "power user tool".  It's aimed squarely at
IA32 desktop users.)