discuss: TLDP Job descriptions for Stein Gjoen

Subject: Re: TLDP Job descriptions for Stein Gjoen
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
Date: 10 Mar 2005 21:21:26 -0000

Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Please note that I am sending this from my personal email address as I
> want to be very clear that the opinions in this email are in -=no way=-
> those of the LDP. I don't normally bother to make the distinction between
> Me and Me (especially considering it's the same key signing the emails),
> but I wanted to be very clear on this one. So now that the disclaimer is
> longer than the actual email.... ;)

Don't worry, I am calm about this issue and would not
mind being offloaded somewhat. Considering the unexpected
size of this thread I hope that should be possible.

> On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 06:58:26PM +0000, David Horton wrote:
>
>>>Position Title
>>>	Prototyper/developer
>
> This one is outlined in Stein's "paragraph" and should definitely be
> included in the list of Job Descriptions.

To clarify: much is prototyping as a basis for more specific
discussions. Thus there is a lot of rework before it gets even
functional. Moreover some prototypes are just that and have
not been completed for lack of resources and time.

>>>Position Title
>>>	Public Relations
>
> At this point I feel that this is more of a "soft skill" that should be
> incorporated into all "staff" positions. If there 4 staff positions (I'm
> making this number up, I could have just as easily have said 20) then the
> tasks of public relations and point of contact would be shared by all of
> the 4 (or 20) staff members as appropriate. Each staff person will have a
> different background with different contacts (and attend different
> conferences) and therefore be able to do public relations in different
> ways.

So far we have 2 announcements, I started both and wrote most of
them. Also I started renewed contacts with Redhat. And so on.
That is in the past. I would not mind if someone else took over
this part or joined me in a PR group. There is a lot of work to
be done that I have not found the time for yet.

>>>Position Title
>>>	Point of contact, Northern Europe
>>>

> Same note with regard to soft skills.

Media likes to talk with someone that is local and speak their
own language, a person rather than a mailing list. Announcements
and press statements should have points of contact. That is why
I set this up. Again I would not mind if someone took my position
here, I still feel these should be real, designated positions.

Regards,
    Stein Gjoen