discuss: TLDP Job descriptions for Stein Gjoen

Subject: Re: TLDP Job descriptions for Stein Gjoen
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
Date: 10 Mar 2005 19:23:27 -0000

David Horton wrote:

> [...]

I am on that list, shown as technical contributor. I chose
position title prototyper/developer since that is more
descriptive of what I do. Titles are often vague to the
point of being useless; I recommend being specific.

> Perhaps the existing "Technical Contributor" is a good match for
> "Prototyper/Developer"  As far as the "Public Relations" and "Point
> of Contact" there was no mention of these on the volunteer list.  I am
> not discounting the need for such a postition, in fact it is probably
> a good addition.  But, I would like to hold off on anything not on the
> volunteer list at this time.

It is true those functions are not on the list, that can easily
be fixed. This is not a question of what positions we need, rather
these are real positions I have held for some time now. I did real
work on the 10 year anniversary announcement, I am working on the
announcement of the new categories, hope to get that issue going
once these recent issues have been taken care of. The staff list
is open for perusal to verify my contributions and my focus.

What brought this debate up is what people on the staff list do, not
what the volunteer list means. In the interest of full disclosure
and avoiding suspicions of conspiracies and secret roles I hope these
very real positions that require real work are listed too. For the
same reason I hope we can be a specific as possible.

Regards,
    Stein Gjoen