discuss: Debian-free licenses was Re: modifiability of docs: final decision

Subject: Re: Debian-free licenses was Re: modifiability of docs: final decision
From: Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####
Date: 10 Mar 2005 17:32:03 -0000

Hi

> However, by comparison who speaks for the LDP?

several people do

> GNU/Linux and all of us
> involved in the Free software world don't work like
> that. (Well, Linus
> can to some extent and RMS can to some extent.)  But
> in general, it is
> driven by consensus not any one person.

actually the large number of projects are controlled
by a tight group. you can of course fork it if you
dont like the way its managed. If you try to find
consesus in things like how the kernel vm should work
you wouldnt make any progress at all

Does the
> fact that no one speaks
> for the LDP, make yours or anyone elses contribution
> or voice any less
> meningful?  Does it make it illegitamate?

everyone opinions are welcome if they address specific
concerns

> So Rick's statement doesn't make any difference,
> that is not how it
> works.

I think it does. I and possibly many others had the
impression that the website is authoratitive. Now I
know it is not as clear as that. Thats important for
things like the Authors guide

Regards
Rahul Sundaram

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250