discuss: Debian-free licenses was Re: modifiability of docs: final decision

Subject: Re: Debian-free licenses was Re: modifiability of docs: final decision
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 10 Mar 2005 00:19:22 -0000

Quoting doug jensen ####@####.####

> Rick, I am sorry that you are exasperated, honestly.

More useful than your sympathy would be your addressing the _subject_
honestly.  Please see below.

> I need to establish if you plan on standing by that statement before I
> continue.

Then go to bloody blazes.  I don't play these games.

Emma Jane inferred that those Web pages voice the official view of the
Debian Project.  I summarised what _does_ speak for the Debian Project,
referred briefly to the advisory assigned role of debian-legal per the
governing documents, and concluded that the aforementioned Web pages are
deceptive in effect, in that they imply an authority that they lack.

And I offered to re-find my previously posted references to the primary
resources on that matter, from the last time this subject arose.

Who _edits_ those Web pages is irrelevant to the question of interest.
Ergo, my lack of interest in cooperating with whatever dumbass
revelation you intend to spring, e.g., "Aha, Professor Moriarty!  You
said those Web pages were edited by a Debian webmaster, whereas in fact
it is I, registered Debian developer and thus one of 1000+ strong, who
maintain that page!  See, you are deluded, sir!"

And, to repeat:  I don't play these games.

If you are here to correct the _substance_ of my characterisation, I
would welcome that.  But you have already declined, so I'm guessing you
can't, and thus are obliged to fall back on cheap tricks.