discuss: Debian-free licenses was Re: modifiability of docs: final decision

Subject: Re: Debian-free licenses was Re: modifiability of docs: final decision
From: doug jensen ####@####.####
Date: 10 Mar 2005 00:00:08 -0000

Thanks, for your concern but you don't need to CC me I am subscribed to
the list, in fact I believe everyone that posts is.

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 03:44:07PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting doug jensen ####@####.####
>
> > Sure, that is a fair question.  To start with, do you stand by this statement
> > from your posting of Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 11:36:11 -0800:
> > 1.  Although that page and the linked "License Information" page are
> > maintained by an (unidentified) Debian webmaster,
>
> {exasperated}
>
> Doug, I am far more interested in arriving at an accurate understanding
> of relevant concerns than I am in geek one-upmanship or in playing
> pointless games of twenty questions.  If that is a new concept in your
> universe, then deal.
>
> Meanwhile, if you or anyone else know of _any_ authority in Debian's
> ruling documents (including GRs, Technical Committee statements, etc.)
> for the implication on the above-referenced Web pages express the
> official view of the Debian Project, then please cite.
>
> Or else do your passive-aggressive dance with someone else.

Rick, I am sorry that you are exasperated, honestly.  However, I have
seen how you and another list member flamed each of until there were
no fuel left and all there was, was the flame itself.  I will not allow
you to do that to me.  I need to establish if you plan on standing by
that statement before I continue.  If you don't like that I'm am sorry
that you don't but, I will not let you control me.

--
Doug Jensen