discuss: LDP Committee?

Subject: Re: LDP Committee?
From: Guylhem Aznar ####@####.####
Date: 9 Mar 2005 15:53:32 -0000

On Wednesday,  9 March 2005 at 10:30:38 (-0500), Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
> Maybe it is time all of the "staff" defended their positions in another
> election. If there is support for the work that each of the "staff" is
> doing, then they will continue to do it. If not, someone else will try. I
> don't understand why it is such a big deal to have an election. You were
> elected once, so why not run again? I don't think an election is something
> to fear...the only time I've feared putting something to the vote was

I don't fear any election. I'm all for elections. My comment about
"staying the way it is" was regarding to staying informal.

IMHO having a formal organisation (non profit, whatever) is not worth
the costs (human, financial etc) even if it would look better on
paper.

An election is fine. But I'd suggest we keep the same informal system.

If elected, the old team or a new team can certainly propose to change
that, but since it is a very important change I think it should be
voted.

> First though, we need the job descriptions so that we know what we are
> voting on...David and Tille have offered some to date, and I am working on

BTW - When I said I didn't want to manually create a list ("in 2
letter: no), document the various process etc. that doesn't mean I'm against
somebody else doing that :-)

> we'll have to worry about much competition for our "positions." ;)

Quite the contrary-  personally the lack of competition worries me. I
would like to see people getting involved. The way we now run is
basically anyone doing something can claim this title. Yet we don't
have enough volunteers.

> I don't think we need to worry about a hostile takeover of the IP. The
> licenses in the documents themselves won't allow it. Plus with such fierce
> defenders as those who are on the list, I think our documents are in good
> hands.

The $10 000 may also attract some not-so-scrupulous people. My fault -
I know I'm paranoid.

--
Bien à vous - Best regards,
Guylhem P. Aznar