discuss: Staff Election was Re: LDP Committee?

Subject: Re: Staff Election was Re: LDP Committee?
From: Mathieu Deschamps ####@####.####
Date: 9 Mar 2005 15:39:25 -0000

Thank you Martin ! IMHO, the way this community runs is far more advanced than LDP, blurry and autocratic regime.

But on a point of detail, I hesitate, the quorum calculus is still dark for me. Risking to be candid, after being generously named, I have looked at 2004 elections results and I feel I like this (By the way it seems particulary more viable to limitations than my draft model's calculus) but I'd like to be sure. If  you or anyone seize it better than me, could you please explain this point of detail?

mathdesc.

"Beliefs are facility of heart, not a facility of mind."
-----
*Independant* Free Computing R&D Analyst.
Technical documentation writer. Also a novel writer.
Information society and Computing science journalist.
Active member of the Foundation for a Free Information Infrastructure (www.ffii.org)
-----

Martin Wheeler ####@####.#### wrote:
[apologies to other debian users for cross-posting]

For those list members curious as to how other netfolk run their elections
(and election campaigns) -- I suggest this as a good model for the LDP to
adopt:
from:
Debian Weekly News
http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2005/10/

Debian Project Leader Election. [5]Anthony Towns, [6]Jonathan
Walther, [7]Branden Robinson and [8]Angus Lees have also nominated
themselves for the upcoming [9]project leader election, so that the
developers can choose among six candidates. The campaigning period
will last until March 21st. Helen Faulkner and Martin F.
Krafft will conduct an [10]IRC debate on March 19th and [11]called for
suggestions for questions to be put to the candidates.

5. http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2005/02/msg00119.html
6. http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2005/02/msg00121.html
7. http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2005/02/msg00123.html
8. http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2005/02/msg00114.html
9. http://www.debian.org/vote/2005/vote_001
10. http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2005/03/msg00071.html
11. http://lists.debian.org/debian-vote/2005/02/msg00130.html

Debian Project Leader Team. Jeroen van Wolffelaar [16]announced the
project Scud that consists of a number of developers who intend to
support the new project leader after the election. The idea is to lead
the Debian project with better decisions than a single individual
could do. Due to the diversity of the team, but at the same time, the
commitment to cooperate and discuss possible ways of achieving
something in a constructive manner they believe to be able to lead
Debian well.

16. http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2005/03/msg00035.html

There are some very good ideas there.

(And yes -- I *do* realise that there are more than 1 000 Debian
developers; where the number of writers contributing to LDP publications
amounts to an electorate of only about 200 or so. I still think it's a
model worth adopting.
Comments, anyone?)

regards,
--
Martin Wheeler - StarTEXT / AVALONIX - Glastonbury - BA6 9PH - England
####@####.#### http://www.startext.co.uk/mwheeler/

http://lists.tldp.org/

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail