discuss: Staff Election was Re: LDP Committee?

Subject: Re: Staff Election was Re: LDP Committee?
From: Martin Wheeler ####@####.####
Date: 9 Mar 2005 11:49:11 -0000

<WARNING:  Risk of fire - abandon hope all ye who enter here>

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Machtelt
Garrels wrote:

>> Can you please put a copy of this information on the website so it doesn't
>> get lost in the mail archives?
>
> I can, but I'm not sure that I want to.

And as you are a non-elected, non-representative, and (by your
own admission) non-'staff' member of this list -- in fact, no more than
ordinary contributor like myself -- I'm not sure I want to take the
slightest bit of notice of what *you* want.
This despite your attitude.  (And obvious hard work put in to the common
effort.)

OK?  Sorry if a bit of plain talking sets you back a bit.

We have a difference of opinion here, and it *has* to be sorted.
And I'm afraid that attempting to pull rank you don't have cuts no ice
with me.

> We prefer that you do not send requests or remarks to anyone in
> particular.

Right, Miss High-and-Mighty; that bloody well does it.

"We" who, sweetie-pie?
Who do think you represent?   (Not me, that's for sure.)
Who gave you any authority to use a royal "we" on this list?
Who are these "we" you think you belong to?
Define them.
Tell me in plain words what distinguishes 'you' from 'us'.
What makes you think you can talk as if you were somehow in some sort of
position of authority over me?

Get real.

Look at the subject of this thread.
Why do you think it has blown up?
Why do you think it is now a matter of extreme urgency for some of us on
this list that *some* form of elected representation be put in place?

    //To stop people like you 'assuming' self-abrogated powers and
      authority that get right up the noses of folk like me, and stop
      the work of the LDP in its tracks, is why.//

[You're not the only one.  There are others on this list who bark out curt
peremptory orders at people as if they were Lord God High Almighty
incarnate; who also need to cary out a quick reality check on how they
come over to the masses.]

>  You are honnestly the first
> person who has asked this.

So?  All that tells me is that you're not used to having your authority
questioned.  Or that others have given up trying to get the organisational
mess sorted out, in utter despair.

> Apart from that, this info is directly from /etc/passwd and /etc/group on
> the iBiblio server

[Mmm?  Like I have ssh access to the iBiblio server?
Can't follow you at all on that one.]

> don't fear, we have it under control

Stop it, Tille; your sense of humour is slaying me, I swear it!

>  the submitter can be lead to think that we do
> not want to cooperate, or that we are a select club.

Aw. Reading your own contribution to the present discussion, what on earth
makes you think people might get that impression?

Disclaimer
Please note:  I have no feelings of personal animosity towards anyone at
all on this list.  Unwarranted assumptions of authority will however get
me going like pouring petrol on flames.     You have been warned.
####@####.####                http://www.startext.co.uk/mwheeler/