discuss: Staff Election was Re: LDP Committee?

Subject: Re: Staff Election was Re: LDP Committee?
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 9 Mar 2005 00:40:31 -0000

On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 10:10:56PM +0000, Martin Wheeler wrote:
> And which 'community' would that be?

Here's what Greg F. wrote:
Maintainer is primarily a community effort although I have been the
default webmaster for the last few years, as indicated by our contacts

So he seems to be saying that it's supposed to be a community effort but
that by default he's the one that's doing it now.  It's sort of quoting
him out of context by only: "Maintainer is primarily a community effort"
without immediately following it by "although ..." which qualifies the
meaning of the first part.

> >although I have been the default webmaster for the last few years
>
> So am I to understand it's a community of one?  (Get me straight here
> -- I'm *trying* to understand -- if there's only one webmaster, please
> say so; if there's a community, please also say so.  But don't try and
> con me into believing it's a group effort if there's effectively only
> one person involved.)

I just don't see any attempt to con anyone.  I think the overall
situation is clear to most readers.  Sure, what he said could
have been explained in more detail but why go into detail on this when
there are more important tasks to work on.