discuss: Job Descriptions for TLDP

Subject: Re: Job Descriptions for TLDP
From: "David Horton" ####@####.####
Date: 8 Mar 2005 14:20:55 -0000

The job descriptions are not intended to turn volunteers away, but rather
to attract volunteers by letting them know, up front, what the position
entails.  People can come to our web site, read a short description of a
volunteer job at TLDP and say, "Hey, I have those skills, I'm signing up,"
or "Oh look, this position only requires one hour per week, I have time
for that."

Contrast this to an organization with no job descriptions.  A place where
potential volunteers may be turned away because they cannot determine how
they can help.  A place where volunteers quit after a week because the
position they volunteered for was nothing like they thought it would be.

Dave Horton