discuss: Job Descriptions for TLDP

Subject: Re: Job Descriptions for TLDP
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 8 Mar 2005 08:02:18 -0000

On Mon, Mar 07, 2005 at 07:03:36PM +0000, David Horton wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> A while back Tille suggested that TLDP would benefit from having written
> descriptions of the various duties and positions within TLDP.  I agree
> that it would be a helpful tool and I would like to take ownership of
> this idea and begin creating job descriptions.  I have a sample template
> from a series of volunteer management courses I attended recently.  I
> have included this template plus an example of how it could be used for
> a position at TLDP.  Please note that the sample job description is my
> own interpretation of the position and is not official.  My plan is to
> interview various people within TLDP when filling in the relevant
> information.

As a volunteer organization, we need to attract competent volunteers
and let them decide what they want to do.  If we paid volunteers, then
we could specify that they must have certain qualifications, work for a
specified period of time, etc.  But we aren't in a position to require
that.  So I think the job descriptions need to be quite informal and
flexible.