discuss: Sample Mission and Vision (was Re: Does TLDP have a mission or vision statement?)

Subject: Re: Sample Mission and Vision (was Re: Does TLDP have a mission or vision statement?)
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
Date: 5 Mar 2005 22:40:07 -0000

David Horton wrote:
[snip]

> Vision: The Linux Documentation Project will be recognized as the
> authoritative source for Linux documentation.
>
> Mission: The Linux Documentation Project strives to provide
> high-quality, free documentation on a variety of subjects related to
> Linux-based operating systems.
>
> Vision is where you want to be in the future, mission is what you are
> working on now.

I am not sure how brief this has to be but if we can expand a little
we might add that we collect documents from authors and disseminate
to our readers (in parts via distributions, mirrors or other forms
of collections).

Should we say something about being international? After all
documents are available in a fair number of languages.

Regards,
    Stein Gjoen