discuss: TLDP and the Commercial World

Subject: Re: TLDP and the Commercial World
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
Date: 4 Mar 2005 20:44:28 -0000

Robert Spencer wrote:

> On Thursday, 3 March 2005 19:50, Stein Gjoen wrote:
>
>>I am curious, how much space does the entire TLDP collection require
>>after duplications have been eliminated?
>
> I don't know the answer to this right now as navigation on the main site is
> broken. My tools are purposely designed to stick to one site and not wonder
> off. Other wise they would go off on the internet and crash someones server.

Embedded Logic Systems, currently closing down, used to make
TLDP collections on CD-ROM. Perhaps we could get scripts from
them?

>>>And finally make sure that all the document reference on disc content
>>>instead of pointing out to www.tldp.org, en.tldp.org, tldp.org,
>>>www.linuxdoc.org, sunsite* or metalabs*.
>
> This is the main problem why my tools don't work and why I don't have complete
> statistics. Once this is done I can give a complete and balanced analysis of
> the rest of the job.
>
> Can somebody please explain to me how I am going to change the main site to
> achieve this goal. Do I log all the mistakes and report it to someone else to
> do? Do it myself. How?

If the list is small you could post it here, if it is huge it
is best to put it on a web page and post a link to it. The
webmaster for TLDP should be subscribed here.

Regards,
    Stein Gjoen