discuss: Linux Model is Unix model ? So where's TLDP ?

Subject: Linux Model is Unix model ? So where's TLDP ?
From: Mathieu Deschamps ####@####.####
Date: 4 Mar 2005 16:46:33 -0000

Robert Francis ####@####.#### wrote:

A good reply I thought, although a bit involved, and breaking the very
rules stated in the body of the email. If you really want to produce
something which would allow newbies to find their own level, and pick up
knowledge and skills in their town time, you do not produce a massive
documentation (bureaucratic) product, which is clearly (going by the
present discussion) difficult to produce. You produce something which is
closer to the original Unix model.

I must be dreaming, this is actually how LDP works from what 'ive understood.

And Yes I believe it does not prevent from knowing what my doc I'd like to share

will become, the process it has to follow to get thing done.

Don't take it just for you but :

Invocation of Unix model doesn't excuse being blame for ignorance of

LDP process or rudefully treated, neither it  means 'free' is 'freezed' into

the time.  Ok that's true Tux is a bit freezed but that all.

Cleariness is not a cathedral, cleariness it is the opposite

of what you named under well known cies. Cleariness is

not a ennemy of the bazaar, few structures doesn't mean

fuzzy content.

Elitism should not swallow Linux. That's a insane confinement

.

The funniest of all, is that everybody's wondering why there's

a lack of volonteer. Is that a Open Mouvement ? Tell me

You let those who have the initiative
a free hand to explain matters in their own way, and leave it to the
free market to decide whether they have produced something worth while.

You aren't far from invocating Unix model to say new comers shall contribute and shut...

Yahoo! Mail - Votre e-mail personnel et gratuit qui vous suit partout !
 Créez votre Yahoo! Mail sur http://mail.yahoo.fr