discuss: Volonteer lacks or(inc) TLDP on the turn ?

Subject: Re: Volonteer lacks or(inc) TLDP on the turn ?
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
Date: 3 Mar 2005 22:53:43 -0000

Machtelt Garrels wrote:
[snip]

> No this is not what I meant.  I mean that the revision history of a
> document can be adpated every once in a while.  For instance, if Linux
> basics remain the same during over a year, and you get no corrections from
> readers or other remarks, I might add the following to this page:
>
> http://tldp.org/LDP/intro-linux/html/intro_04.html
>
> Revision 1.18	2006-03-01	Revised by: MG
> Looked over the content and it was still up to date.

Documents written using DocBook have the revision history starting
on the first page. If the revision history is to be part of the
document we risk having enormous preambles consisting of little
more than bumping revision dates. Revision history tends to be big
already, I would like it either trimmed more or moved to the end
of the document to make documents be less off-putting and appear
more hands-on.

Formal documents tend to have lots of pages at the beginning that
are of little if any real use. I hope we can avoid such document
diseases.

Regards,
    Stein Gjoen