discuss: Volonteer lacks or(inc) TLDP on the turn ?

Subject: Re: Volonteer lacks or(inc) TLDP on the turn ?
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 3 Mar 2005 21:53:51 -0000

Quoting Robert Francis ####@####.####

> You let those who have the initiative a free hand to explain matters
> in their own way, and leave it to the free market to decide whether
> they have produced something worth while.

Oh, get real.  When I wrote the WordPerfect for Linux FAQ (using an
existing LDP LinuxDoc work as a model, to learn the technique) and then
submitted it for inclusion in LDP, wild horses couldn't have prevented
me from doing that.  LDP's attempts to steer the process such as the
Author Guide and sundry others are just attempts to help new people
learn from old mistakes and assist them.

> Would not a wikipedia be a much better way of going about this?

LDP is hosted at ibiblio, who seem disinclined to run a wiki engine just
for the benefit of one project.  One of the main LDP volunteers just got
through explaining that.  Where were you?

> Ps. Please tell me how I get out of this group!  Even that is not stated
> clearly - it is assumed that the groupie knows all.
>
> PPs. Or just unsubscribe me somebody. Enough is enough!

For heaven's sake, read the headers of your _own posted message_.  It
very clearly tells you how to subscribe.

Or at least have the common decency to send your "Help, I'm hapless and
can't figure out how to unsubscribe" to the listadmin address, rather
than bothering hundreds of fellow subscribers pointlessly.