discuss: Resources for TLDP (was: Re: TLDP and the COmmercial World)

Subject: Re: Resources for TLDP (was: Re: TLDP and the COmmercial World)
From: Stein Gjoen ####@####.####
Date: 3 Mar 2005 16:51:49 -0000

####@####.#### wrote:

>> In addition we need
>> - someone familiar with Plone that can help us set it up something
>> along the lines of Lampadas
>
> I don't know what Lampadas is (I'll google) but I have some Plone
> experience. I haven't struck a web development challenge I haven't
> been able to beat in the past 5 years. But how does your webhost feel
> about Plone?

So far it seems ibiblio does not want to host it. I have some
servers at home but I would need to know what bandwidth we
require. Anyone knows?

>> - someone familar with cgi-bin that can halp us make intallable
>> snapshot packages of the TDLP collection (ref. my prototype)
>
> You mean Perl or Python CGI scripts? Again, I'm no guru but I'm
> persistent and usually get there in the end.

Have a look at my prototype page at
	http://www.nyx.net/~sgjoen/tarpl.html
One of the two generators there is a mock-up for defining what
parts of the collection you want, how you want it and then start
downloading it. Making it work for real would be nice.

>> - someone who can make installation packages for LinuxDoc and DocBook
>
> Like RPMs? I can make Slackware TGZ packages.

Yes. RPMs, DEBs and TGZs, complete with software, relevant HOWTOs,
generators, templates and the rest that is needed to get going.

> Happy to help where I can. Even happier to work in a team.
>
> Mick

Sounds good, I am looking forward to this.

Regards,
    Stein Gjoen