discuss: duplicating information (was Re: Proposed Review HOWTO (full text)

Subject: duplicating information (was Re: Proposed Review HOWTO (full text)
From: "G Ferguson / LDP" ####@####.####
Date: 3 Mar 2005 15:09:35 -0000

I like the brevity of David's HOWTO, but we need
to be careful about duplicating information, esp.
when it deals with our policies and procedures.

We've got review information in the LDP-FAQ,
the LDP Author Guide, and the LDP-Reviewer-HOWTO.
All those need to be consistent (or point to a
canonical location for review info, such as the
LDP-FAQ does).

Edward Cherlin already pointed out that we have
inconsistent submission information on the site. I'm
concerned this might happen with the review info
as well.

Perhaps we can add David's content to the existing
LDP-Reviewer-HOWTO as an appendix, and then
point to it from other areas...call it a "LDP Review
Quickstart" something like that.

regards,

--
Greg Ferguson / LDP volunteer