discuss: Becoming a TLDP reviewer

Subject: Re: Becoming a TLDP reviewer
From: Rick Moen ####@####.####
Date: 2 Mar 2005 21:08:40 -0000

Quoting Bas v.d. Wiel ####@####.####

> (I sometimes wonder
> what would happen to Linux if Linus Torvalds gets hit by a bus)

<facetious>
http://web.archive.org/web/20010816112502/http://segfault.org/story.phtml?id=38b40d78-087dd360
</facetious>

> I think filling the position of coordinator is more important than
> polite humility. Hans Bol's idea of forming a duo with Rahul Sundaram
> sounds like a very good compromise.

Seconded.

In my own experience, about a year ago I filled the Web Coordinator
position for one of the largest Linux user groups, which had been
effectively vacant for quite a while because the persion in that post
had become too busy.  Not wanting to put that person, who is my friend,
on the spot, I left the Web site credit for that post unchanged but
assumed the duties.

Of course, it helped that the contact information for the _job function_
pointed to just "webmaster" with a matching mailto link, so that could
be repointed.

Hans and Rahul should be encourage to use whatever arrangement works
best for them, IMVAO.