discuss: The end of ELS

Subject: Re: The end of ELS
From: "G Ferguson / LDP" ####@####.####
Date: 2 Mar 2005 16:58:55 -0000

>> Please, could we work out some way to make http://tldp.org/ more CD friendly.
>> At present it suffers from a severe case of link rot, that cripples
>> navigation on a CD. It also suffers from bloat. I found archived spam
>> in /archives/ldp-discuss/ that includes graphics, midi music and wallpaper
>> from the MS Outlook Express stationery collection (copyright Microsoft).
>
> We would very much like to make it easier on you, but as you can see from
> the latest treads, resources are quite a problem currently.
> The archived spam is indeed a shame.
>
> Sergiusz, you maintain the mailinglists.  Can anything be done about that
> archived rubbish, in an automated way?  Or do we have to weed out manually
> all the fake messages?

Actually, those are the archives from the pre-Serek-controlled lists. Quite
ancient stuff.  I recommend moving them outside of the main document
root/area (somewhere else on ibiblio, as we have done with some of our
other content). Or put them into a gzipped/tar or zipped file for that matter.

If this sounds reasonable, let me know.  I doubt there is much in there
that is useful (beyond some historical significance).

--
Greg Ferguson / LDP volunteer