discuss: Questions yes answers no

Subject: Re: Questions yes answers no
From: Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####
Date: 2 Mar 2005 14:59:20 -0000

Hi

> For me the value of TLDP was/is self-evident, but
> I'm wondering what the
> members of this list see as TLDPs explicit role in
> the Linux world of
> 2005?

Providing task based generic documentation.

Why is TLDP still relevant, what can it offer
> that other forms of
> documentation and support can't or don't?

Some documents like say Unix and internet fundamentals
howto or introduction to Linux howto is applicable to
every distribution. We need a place to host such
documents.

 What are
> the goals for the
> future?

Where is TLDP going? What are the main tasks
> that need doing?

Better documentation and organisation of
documentation. More authors and reviewers. More
volunteers for other tasks. People with ideas and
initiative to think of new ways to improve LDP.

> have heard mention of database and Plone projects,
> what was the aim, where
> are these at and why have they stalled?

People who were working on it stopped doing it and
nobody else took it up.  It would be useful but not as
important as cleaning up outdated docs and integrating
existing ones better. thats the priority now.

=====
Regards
Rahul Sundaram

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!