discuss: Volonteer lacks or(inc) TLDP on the turn ?

Subject: Volonteer lacks or(inc) TLDP on the turn ?
From: Mathieu Deschamps ####@####.####
Date: 2 Mar 2005 14:22:19 -0000

   As Mick I'am very new to this list, and I've follow last threads. I used several times TLDP fine documentation, so as a user I wish TLDP to stick to this level of satisfaction. As an newbie author, newbie to TLDP redaction standard, that's true I'am a bit lost. I'am also volonteer, volonteer to refactor my doc to TLDP stds (but least is my friend) to be shareable easily.

   Ok I say I'am going to be a bit critic, but I've felt this and reasonned it and want to be constructive, because this is somehow also my LDP.

   IMHO, there's different sort of docs available and TLDP is more that a dispencer, current questionning is not a 'down in the hole' status its more up to LDTP's role as _the_ linux documentation reference as it been already written. For me, LDTP is a dispencer as
well as it's a selector and aims to constantly upgrade its content, to fit users needs.

   For instance, I want to share a guide (It's been written) so I send a RFC to my draft onto this
lists, very well. But first it needs to be standartized and I'am routed to Authoring Guide/HOW-TO. Pages later, I understand it was made for people who are in writing their TLDP doc. I'd say that being a volonteer gets harder every day :) Briefly speaking there's a lack of readliness. For me,
it's just, how come I publish under TLDP stds my written doc ? How to convert ? It shoud not be
50 pages long ? Anyways, anycases 'am thrown in the main uniq stream.

   I mean, wouldn't it be nice to have clearly displayed (why not a scheme, programmers
like schemes:) the diverse modus on how to contribute as an author. I've noticed 2 modus
(I say 2 but there's 3 or more) :
Concurrent writing and working/researching/testing/etc.. and _currently already written_
doc  and a converting/refactoring/droping/etc work to publish. These are two processes
and mustn't be considered with the same aspect, with same docs. This "mess" is a burden
IMO and refrein users to become author/reviewers, which is the natural becoming to be
preserved in order to have volonteers. Isn't it ?

   As well there are different categories of doc, there's different type of doc. Some guide frequently reviewed and updated are references papers. Some other are complement, for example on a particular architecture they could be less reviewed and updated. This couldn't appear of the
same basis. The most used could be shortcut to have a greater visibility.

  mathieu.

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail