discuss: Re: Resources for TLDP

Subject: Re: Resources for TLDP
From: Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####
Date: 2 Mar 2005 12:05:26 -0000

--- "Bas v.d. Wiel" ####@####.####
wrote:

> Hello all,
> Just now I'm reading this thread about a lack of
> volunteers. I've been
> quietly reading along with this list for a month or
> so now after
> having been approached by Rahul. I'd be happy to
> volunteer some time
> as a reviewer and/or translator. However my biggest
> problem in getting
> started in a productive way is the lack of a clear
> starting
> point

You can do either technical reviews or language
reviews or both for a particular document. For the
technical review its better to have some prior
knowledge on the topic and the ability to test out
commands and scripts on the document. That would
require to have a system similar to the one mentioned
in the document. So if you volunteer to do a reviews
for a particular howto or guide we can have the review
coordinator ( LDP is looking for one currently and I
have volunteered to do this at least temporarily )
assign the document to you. You will have to work with
the authors and revise the document so that it fits
into LDP.

LDP has a reviewer howto to help you through this
process.
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LDP-Reviewer-HOWTO/

Authors are expected to read the faq and authors guide

http://www.tldp.org/FAQ/LDP-FAQ/
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/html/

If there is anything else not clear about the process
please ask

=====
Regards
Rahul Sundaram