discuss: TLDP and the Commercial World

Subject: Re: TLDP and the Commercial World
From: Rahul Sundaram ####@####.####
Date: 2 Mar 2005 11:38:48 -0000

Hi

> That's the main issue at TLDP, isn't it? There are
> many
> good ideas and I have many prototypes but getting it
> all
> ready and in production requires more resources than
> we
> seem to have. I think we have to go out and look for
> new
> people to join TLDP and help us out on this.

good idea. we need more volunteers to work on
different things.  I might have an update on this in a
couple of weeks. meanwhile if you want to get a
announcement requesting volunteers to help that would
be a good idea

> >>Could reviewers
> >>attach a rating to a document or would this open a
> >>can of
> >>controversiality worms?
> >
> > I prefer keeping it simple. good quality docs get
> the
> > LDP mark. the rest dont and will have to be
> revised
> > and reviewed to get it right
>

> Who then determines what documents are good? If the
> reviewers do it then we ensure that
>   - all new documents are rated
>   - documents are rated by people we can trust to
> have
>    read the documents in depth
>   - ratings are comparable between documents
>
> What are your alternatives?

The web of trust scheme you propose seems to be the
only thing that would work in the long run for this.
We can include a call for artists

I can coordinate reviews atleast for a short time till
someone else steps up. I asked Tabatha over email
before and she said yes but I havent had any followups
on this.

=====
Regards
Rahul Sundaram