discuss: Submission of new HOWTO for review: The Geeks Guide to Understanding Women

Subject: Re: Submission of new HOWTO for review: The Geeks Guide to Understanding Women
From: Howard Shane ####@####.####
Date: 2 Mar 2005 05:04:22 -0000

On 02/28/05 18:17:54, David Lawyer wrote:
> and relize it will help men understand how some women in Linux feel
> about the situation.  The question of why there are not more women in
> Linux is indeed a topic worthy of study.

True, but why here? I have read the document in question. It's a worthy
subject, and well-written, and believe it should be published
(somewhere), but in my mind doesn't really fit the category of
'documentation' and the identity that TLDP ought to logically assume.
Delving into any realm other than the technical risks a step closer to
something more akin to zealotry or even irrelevance. Just as I have
said many times on this list that new documents should be matched to an
appropriate group or mailing list for peer review of technical accuracy
(which seems to be becoming a reality), I think the site's volunteers
should hold its contents to a strict standard of impartiality on other
subjects, whether religion, sex, or even the merits of other operating
systems. Anything else, IMHO, will destroy credibility and the site's
status as _THE_ Linux Documentation Project:  a place where people come
for pure, unadulterated, quality _information_.

hs