discuss: OOffice and XML conversion (previously RE : Suggestion Linuxbios guide )

Subject: OOffice and XML conversion (previously RE : Suggestion Linuxbios guide )
From: Mathieu Deschamps ####@####.####
Date: 1 Mar 2005 13:46:13 -0000

Bonjour,

Ok I've roughly read the guide-guide, but still i'am a bit puzzled :
in it the approch is "a-live" redaction I mean you research while
compiling raw data, or this opposite as you want, and then you write
down cleanly the whole.
I agree this is surely the best way to work, but...
In me case, research has ended (a pitty but that's another story)
and my doc is produced. It is 70 pages long, and I'am _NOT_
going to retype it. What I need would rather be a OOffice to
Dockbook converter HOW-TO, with how-to setup this up,
where to find complete archive, export/import examples,
and results viewing tests.

The why :

My guide's been written in OOwriter 1.1 .sxw format to be precise,
I put XML Filters following the first way on openoffice site
but the result is awful. I share the opinion of many :
That's no suprise regarding to the explanation quality.

But concerning the link you gave me ooo2docbook it seems more
valueable but a file is missing me  : ldp-html.xsl.
Looking to the link's page it seems to be included
into ooffice, but I can't find it in mine since firstly mine's
installed in /usr/lib directly (linux-mdk)

Here's what your link's page look like

With a blank doc before me (couldn't get to the XML Filter Settings menu unless some type of doc was opened), I went into Tools->XML Filter Settings, and edited the entry for DocBook file. I configured mine as follows:

Doctype -//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML V4.2//EN

DTD http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.2/docbookx.dtd

XSLT for export /usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/share/xslt/docbook/ldp-html.xsl

XSLT for import /usr/local/OpenOffice.org1.1.0/share/xslt/docbook/docbooktosoffheadings.xsl (this is the default)

Template for import /home/tabatha/OpenOffice/user/template/DocBook File/DocBookTemplate.stw

I've also installed DocBook XML v4.2
but without any descent readme telling where to copy
the file and how it could be tested I must have done it unproperly.
Anyway, in this zip file there's no ldp-html.xsl.
I've just found xsl Import,the template and the dtd file.
So where's the export xsl sheet ?

Gosh I know I'am newbie to this but please tell me,
there's must be a simpler way...

mathdesc

Machtelt Garrels ####@####.#### wrote:

http://lists.tldp.org/