discuss: Submission of new HOWTO for review: The Geeks Guide to Understanding Women

Subject: Re: Submission of new HOWTO for review: The Geeks Guide to Understanding Women
From: David Lawyer ####@####.####
Date: 1 Mar 2005 00:17:25 -0000

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 01:29:12AM -0800, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Unfortunate. Let us not repeat the mistake. I am still of the opinion
> that we should remove that howto from our collection.

I agree that we shouldn't accept this proposed Geek's Guide to Women.
But I think that "Women in Linux" is OK to retain.  I just looked at it
and relize it will help men understand how some women in Linux feel
about the situation.  The question of why there are not more women in
Linux is indeed a topic worthy of study.   The HOWTO is too extreme but
that's one way to make a point:  Point out the extreme situations and
you've covered ones that are not that extreme.